Sunday, May 12, 2013

A Note To My Mother

"Never could it be possible for any man to estimate what he owes to a godly mother." -Charles Spurgeon


I wish I could even begin to put into words how much my mom means to me. Unfortunately, there are none that come to mind that seem to adequately explain the depth of our relationship.  

Looking back on my childhood, I was blessed with a mother who put her children first in every decision, but never used us as an excuse.  My mom has been a shining example of the woman I want to be when I grow up. Yes, I am thankful for the mother she was to me while little. However, I am much more thankful for her wisdom and guidance she offers to me today. I can pick up the phone at any minute and ask her just about anything, or simply empty my thoughts that have been spinning in my head. I know she will understand just how I feel. Better yet, she is without a doubt my best friend. All of my likes, passions and hobbies somehow stem from her. From a young age, she would take me along to garage sales, flea markets and thrift stores. We still do today when she is in town. Living so far away is not easy, and we look forward to the day where we can live in the same town again. 

I am thankful for her support day in and day out no matter what new goal I am after! Her encouragement is what keeps me going in the valleys. I'm thankful for her godly example in my life. The way she taught me what is right not by telling me, but by showing me. 

As I stated here, We are not quite ready for kids. But when that day comes, I know she will be the most amazing Lolli to them, just as she is to my niece. 

It is clear that I would not be the person I am today if it was not for her influence, guidance and love in my life. Thank you for the unconditional love you show to me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment