Thursday, July 25, 2013

Happy Heart Thursday

We are finally settling into a "new normal" around here. Our two teenage French exchange students arrived and we couldn't be happier. We have had a ton of things going on and I am excited to share them with you! If you are new to Life Happens Here, Happy Heart Thursday is my way of celebrating the little things that made me happy this week. My day off is Friday, so naturally I celebrate a little on Thursday ;) Hope you all are celebrating the little things that made you smile this week!

1. As I mentioned our girls arrived Friday evening and It has been a whirlwind so far! It has been amazing getting to experience new things with them! They volunteered with me at The Race For Baby C, and did a fantastic job! 




 First Slurpee

 We took them to Zane's work since they LOVE music! Everywhere we go they have their phone out to put on their own personal concert! 
Milkshakes at Steak n' Shake! 
My new "mom status" means dropping off and picking the girls up, packing lunches and making dinner!

2. Speaking of dinner, I got to work yesterday and realized I didn't have anything planned! Thanks to Pinterest, I found a fantastic new recipe! All I needed was chicken, tomatoes, and basil from the store, the rest I had on hand. The instructions were so easy to follow, and it didn't take long at all. that's a lot of wins in my book! Y'all have to try this tomato basil chicken! Actually, I really love this entire website!


3. Our sweet friend's, Kristen & Sam's little guy turned one this week. Can't believe how much Becket has grown and how amazing it has been to watch it right before our eyes! Becket's party is this weekend, and we can't wait to celebrate him!

4. In the midst of this crazy week, I have found so much joy in listening to this song! It has seriously been on repeat! If you haven't heard it, take a minute to listen! When we ask to be closer to Him, we are inviting God to shape every aspect of our life. The good- the bad- the ugly. I am so thankful to serve a God who sees my heart, and loves me just the same. 



No comments:

Post a Comment