Wednesday, June 19, 2013

It's A Miracle!

For the last few.. several months, I have been feeling a little self conscious about my image. My clothes weren't fitting the same, but I wasn't ready to admit it. I felt sluggish all day, everyday! But I was still the same size, so I was good, right?! Nope, even that had slipped a little bit, I just didn't want to notice. The last straw was last week when some lovely stranger asked me that dreaded question. "I don't mean to offend you, but are you pregnant?" Umm, WHAT?!  I was hoping it had something to do with the maxi skirt I was wearing, but my worst fear had come true. Someone actually thought I was with child. Insert holy red face! So, I decided it was finally time to do something about it. 
We had purchased a treadmill about a two months ago, thanks to craiglist! But I wasn't sure if this plan would work. My plan was to wake up early before work and run. That plan got pushed back due to different friends and family staying with us. Finally, this week I have been able to test the plan! 
If you know me, you know that I LOVE sleep, LOVE food, and hate exercise. I put those things aside, and for the past three days have woken up an hour early to run. Yes, RUN! Now, its not a long distance.. currently rocking a mile... with walk breaks. BUT, I have never felt better. From only three times?! Today I even cleaned the kitchen before I left for work. It has given me energy during the day, and I can already tell a difference in how I feel. 
Here are my details, Why? Because if I tell you guys, I can be more accountable!

Run at least a mile (hoping to increase) Monday-Thursday
Drinking tons of water (at least 8 glasses)
Trying to stay away from the sugars, and just watch what I eat

It has been much easier for me to watch what goes into my mouth when I am working my butt off in the morning. I am much more aware and don't want to ruin my progress! I am excited to see improvements and results, however long they may take. However the most important part is that I feel better than ever! 
So... whose with me?!


1 comment:

  1. proud of you!! insane to me that someone would just ask you without being completely sure!!!!

    ReplyDelete